RSS Feed

Friday, November 12, 2010

Deck the Halls....

It took me a few minutes to stop spinning in circles like a kid on pixie sticks... but I'm okay now. haha.

I am SO FREAKING HAPPY! We originally had our wedding planned for October 25th, 2012 -- as we're both *total* Halloween NUTS. The only problem is... we wanted our wedding to be more Elegant than Kiddie Party... well, as you can see from my Inspro board below, there wasn't much to choose from o.O I mean, i thought i found my dream dress... but the more i look at it, the more I'm thinking "wow... this wasn't anything i wanted" there's no lace... the color is there, but subtle... and i *hate* veils, which honestly is the only thing i could picture on that dress.... and as you can tell, the only "decorations" I've seen, was pumpkins o.O




Intro to this dress:




I don't remember *how* i came across this dress, but it was a few days ago. and i fell. in. Love!

I've always loved the romance of Christmas... the deep red (which i focused on for my Halloween wedding), and golds, the stark whites and furs (albeit fake, since i refuse to wear real due to allergies AND morals...), the forest greens (favorite color!), and silvers... i love the idea of fires on the hearth, and hot cocoa and cider (or eggnog!), and all the shiny wonderful glowing lights!

*sigh*

Well, When i first brought up the idea of a "Christmas" wedding to Jim, he said "Meh, everybody does those..." and we worried about Holiday confusion.. (Halloween, My Birthday, Niece's Birthday, Thanksgiving/His mom's birthday, Yule, Christmas, New Years) but then again, we'd have the same problem with a Halloween wedding XD

But this inspro board... did it.


(click [Here] for bigger)

After i posted this, telling him it was for a "friend" on OBB (*giggle* I'm mean....) his jaw dropped. "WOW that's nice!" "Isn't it?!" and with a little tweaking (including the color of his beloved Kilt he wants... lol) he was busy finding me pictures of Christmas weddings and spitting out ideas for this thing like there was no tomorrow XD

There was no tapping of a pencil on the end of his fingers going "hmm... what else other than pumpkins and leaves?" there was no "what's an "autumn" food that's not thanksgiving?" or even a "where could we have a bonfire that's not a public park!?"

It was amazing! we've decided to get it as close to Yule/Christmas as we possibly can -- which is even more awesome since most of our family will be in Indiana for the holidays! woot family!

On top of all this, i've had a HUGE thing about trying to figure out how to tell my father he wasn't going to walk me down the aisle... We may have fixed that with this whole idea! See, he plays Santa for kids who are low-income and their parent's can't afford to buy them presents, or very few presents. he works soley off of donations... he's been *dying* to get a new santa suit, as his old one is well... lacking... (click [here] to see "santa") He suggested though, that he dress up in his *new* santa suit we're getting him for next year, and he'll walk me down the Aisle as santa... Check out *new* suit (yet to be ordered) here:


(picture is from [Here] -- an AWESOME santa-anything store!)

I feel like a HUGE weight has been lifted from my shoulders and my creativity can finally flow into all these wonderful things!!

*sigh* I.R. happy camper. ^_^
-Cake42

**references for the Halloween board can be found in the previous post. References for the Peppermint inspro board & dress can be found below**

0 comments:

Post a Comment