RSS Feed

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Foodgawker, thou hast corrupteth me...

I have *seriously* been craving me some cake lately....

I even went so far as to figure "well... since i'm on a diet.... I'll just make something a little healthier!" and concocted some rather amazing oatmeal cream pies (lowfat, etc etc...). They were gone by day 2. But it still didn't fill the void that a delicious vanilla cake, with dreamy vanilla icing would fill.

So what do i do?

I hop onto my little laptop and surf foodgawker until my stomach is to the point where if i don't bake something containing chocolate chips, vanilla, and brown sugar, it's going to start WWIII.

Well, now that it's settled that i'm going to be breaking out the cooking spray and the cake pans, i have to figure out what to make... well? having borderline pregnancy cravings (not meaning I AM pregger, just meaning my cravings for food are as BAD as a pregnant woman's... just not as wierd!)

well, my stomach and i have come up with (with the assistance of my mother over my shoulder!) a list of desserts i will eventually get around to making.

||====================||
  1. Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies -- courtesy of "Handle the Heat"
  2. Molten Chocolate Cakes -- Courtesy of "Martha Stewart"
  3. Chocolate Velvet Fudge Cake -- Courtesy of "Mrs Multitasker"
  4. Heaven and Hell Cake -- Courtesy of "Whisk Kid"
  5. Garlic Hasselback Potatoes -- Courtesy of "Momofuku for 2"
  6. Spicy Hawaiian Burgers -- Courtesy of "Homemade by Holman"
  7. Fleur de Sel Caramels -- Courtesy of "Not so Humble Pie"
  8. Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies -- Courtesy of "Picky Cook"
  9. Rocky Road No-Bake Cookies -- Courtesy of "Recipe Girl"
  10. Homemade Custom Feux-reos -- Courtesy of "JustJENN"
||====================||

So there's TONS more of course, but these are in the top 10! Yes yes i know, a couple of them are totally non-sweet and completely oh-so-savory, but they were too good looking to pass up, so i had to add them in.

How does this pertain to weddings? it doesn't. i just needed to update something and i'm hungry.

Enjoy.
-Cake42

0 comments:

Post a Comment